Asahi Kasei Corporation
Asahi Kasei Corporation, with consolidated sales of US$10 billion, provides innovative solutions based in chemistry and materials science to a diverse range of markets including fibers, chemicals, consumer products, housing, construction, electronics and health care.
Placing great importance on timely data essential to management decision making, Asahi Kasei shortened its accounting period from semi-annual to monthly. Numerous modifications to its legacy system over a period of 20 years rendered it too cumbersome and opaque for uniform data management to accommodate the company's increased focus on financial planning, management oversight, optimal resource utilization and R&D efforts.
Deep chemical industry knowledge and best accounting techniques—based on experience with many to other chemical companies that had recently implemented ERP. A philosophy that a company should be viewed as a living organization that never stops changing—systems must be created to adapt to changes.
SAP's enterprise applications implemented in a two-tier process: first at the parent company and 41 affiliated companies, followed by 26 other affiliates.
With ABeam, Asahi Kasei greatly increased operational efficiencies through centralization of capital management at the parent company, including:
- Centralized control of alternate payments and shifting of funds across the organization
- Consolidated monthly account management
- Improved control of overall group cash flow
- Improved cash flow management by affiliated companies
- Uniform management of accounting categories for customers, suppliers and organizational structure across group companies
- Improved foreign exchange contract management for foreign currency transactions