Tommy Hilfiger Japan Corporation
It was also powerfully encouraging to know that, as SAP professionals, their expertise runs deep indeed.
Established in New York back in 1985 with its head office currently in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Tommy Hilfiger has grown to become an apparel brand with 1,000 stores in over 90 countries worldwide. The company has flagship stores in major cities such as New York, London, Paris and Milan, and is currently actively pursuing Japan and Asia as valuable future markets. In doing so, the global integration of Japanese business became an absolute necessity.
Before this effort, each entity of Tommy Hilfiger was operating on a separate system. Tommy Hilfiger then decided to roll out its Head Office system at each of these corporate entities, aiming for a globally seamless business operation and tighter internal control. Japan was no exception.
Mr. Takashi Ogo, Chief Financial Officer, comments: “Up to now, Tommy Hilfiger Japan has been independently using a cloud-based system operated by a small ASP. But it has been a major issue from the perspective of the head Office in Europe that they were unable to get a picture of Japan’s business status in real time. It was decided to start the rollout project with Japan ahead of other Asian regions.”
- Head Office had difficulties in grasping the business situation in Japan
- Miscommunication between Head Office and Japan due to different categorization of product codes and customer segmentation
- Japan’s system did not meet with internal control standards required by the Head Office
- Abundant experience and a proven track record with global projects
- A thorough understanding of uniquely Japanese business practices
- A hands-on approach to resolving various issues as part of a team
- Company name: Tommy Hilfiger Japan Corporation
- Location: 8-7 Daikanyama-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
- Established: July 1996
- Services: Sells Men’s, women’s, children’s wear and denim collections, as well as accessories, fragrances and home furnishings as lifestyle products.
- Capital: 1,272,500,000 yen
- Outline: SAP Apparel and Footwear Solution (AFS) roll-out to Japan from the European Head Office, with integration into their global system. An unprecedented project in the Japanese apparel industry.
- Software: SAP Apparel and Footwear Solution (AFS)